The Denver Institute for Psychoanalysis is now accepting applications for the psychoanalytic program for the Fall of 2015. (Applications for the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Training Program - PTP - will be accepted for Fall 2016)
2014-2015 Institute and Society Events:
Upcoming Society Films: All films are shown at 6:30 PM at Montview Blvd. Pres. Church. To download the flyer for the entire film series, click here.
- April 10, 2015 - "Gone Girl" with discussant Rob Rosenthal
- May 8, 2015 - "Field of Dreams" with discussant Mike Moran
Upcoming Society Lectures:
- Saturday, April 18, 2015. "The Dissociative Mind and the Discoveryof the Self" by Elizabeth Howell, Ph.D., Psychoanalyst/Psychologist.
- Dr. Howell will describe the phenomenon of self states in both normal and traumatic development, which are influenced through attachment patterns and styles. Within this model, internal and external experiences influence how self self-states interact with each other. Under good enough circumstances these self-states develop a flow creating continuity of self-experience. Under traumatic circumstances this flow is disrupted through the protective use of dissociation. The result is a fragmented sense of self.
Dr. Howell will illustrate two levels of therapeutic action. One involves working with interacting patterns of dissociated self-states within the minds of both patient and therapist. The second involves the use of the emerging awareness of relational influces and interactions of dissociative structures which occur between each member of the therapeutic dyad. From these relational, therapeutic actions the patient experiences improved continuity and integration of self with accompanying ego functioning improvements.
- Click here to register
- Denver Psychoanalytic Society Members
- $120 if you register on or before March 18, 2015
- $130 if you register after March 18, 2015
- Non Denver Psychoanalytic Society Members
- $135 if you register on or before March 18, 2015
- $145 if you register after March 18, 2015
- Students $60
- Cancellations incur a $25 administrative fee through April 10th. No refunds will be given after April 10th.
- Anschutz Medical Campus Map
- Parking is $1/day on Saturdays; Cheyenne Wells Visitor Lot in pink, has a new overflow lot - not shown on map - directly west of Research 2. Conference will meet in Research 1 North
- Click here for flyer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THE LATEST EDITION OF THE SOCIETY NEWSLETTER IS AVAILABLE. Click here read or print out to take with you.
A NEW AND EASY WAY TO CONTRIBUTE:
AMAZON SMILE - What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.